Emails are generated by the Wiki:
- when you mention people using the @name on a page and keep the notify watchers checked the system generates and email
- when you save a page with notify watchers check
- Always complete the "what did you change?" text box when editing a page otherwise people people may get a "You were mentioned on ..." email with no clue why or what changed on the page without go through the page
- Only keep the the "Notify watchers" box checked if it something important (avoid typos or minor changes)
- If you do want to notify people use the "Preview" button page or even save it without notification to catch typos or formatting issues.
- If you want to do lots of edits then restrict the permissions of the page temporarily
- Avoid checking tasks
Consider using the following instead of "notifying watchers"
- Close the page you have edited
- Share the page with individuals or perform "send email to group" and write a useful description.