Join us in Los Angeles for our Q4 Members Meeting | November 1-2, co-located with MEF18!
Introduction to MEF Member Meetings
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new member companies and participants
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Network with MEF colleagues and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe, such as open source projects and standards organizations
Los Angeles Meeting Areas of Focus
The format of the Los Angeles meeting will be different from a typical Members Meeting. There will not be a main plenary session; the abbreviated agenda will focus on committee working meetings.
- Committee Working Meetings to progress the numerous works of MEF in Services, LSO, Applications, Marketing & Education, Certification
- Recap of MEF18 PoCs and MEF 3.0 Implementation Projects
- The meeting will take place on Thursday, November 1 and Friday, November 2, immediately following the conclusion of MEF18
- We encourage members to attend all or portions of MEF18
Integrating the Quarterly Meeting with MEF18
MEF18, the premier networking event for senior professionals who are driving industry innovation, will be held this October 29 through to November 2, 2018 in Los Angeles at the JW Marriott LA Live! The Quarterly Members Meeting will take place on November 1 and 2. MEF18 delivers:
- 120+ service & technology expert speakers
- MEF 3.0 Workshops
- High-quality program content
- 20 live Proof of Concept demonstrations
- Senior-level wholesale buyer & seller networking
- 2018 MEF Awards Dinner
- MEF ProCERT Exam Preparation Courses
- & More…
Important: MEF18 requires a separate registration. If you are planning on attending MEF18 as well as the quarterly meeting, please contact Katie Billand regarding registration pass options. MEF18 registration is available here.
MEF 3.0 is a transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF 3.0 is comprised of four major elements:
Standardized, Orchestrated Services. The MEF 3.0 service family includes dynamic Carrier Ethernet, Layer 1, IP, SD-WAN, Security-as-a-Service, and other virtualized services that will be orchestrated over programmable networks using LSO APIs. MEF 3.0 CE R1 is the first release within the MEF 3.0 framework.
LSO APIs. MEF’s LSO Reference Architecture guides agile development of standardized LSO APIs that enable orchestration of MEF 3.0 services across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc.).
Service, Technology & Professional Certifications. MEF is increasing the agility of its popular certification programs to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 certified services.
Expanded Community Collaboration. MEF is working with many of the world’s leading service and technology providers, open source projects, certified professionals, standards associations, universities and enterprises to realize a shared vision of dynamic services orchestrated across automated networks.
MEF has created a new compute, storage, and networking platform – MEFnet – that enables development, testing, integration, and showcasing of MEF 3.0 implementations using open source and commercial products.
MEF 3.0 videos include numerous industry perspectives on our exciting work:
Q4 Meeting & Registration Information
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
JW Marriott LA LIVE
900 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90015
- MEF special rate of $239 USD excludes 15.5% tax and is available until October 9, 2018
- This rate is available three (3) days prior and post event subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms will be extended to members of Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards, you may enroll ahead of time or at check-in
- All reservations require a credit card to hold the reservation
- You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 72 hours prior to your arrival date
- The hotel will charge one night’s fee if you cancel after 72 hours prior to arrival
The JW Marriott LA LIVE is within steps of an electrifying entertainment district in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, featuring dynamic dining at world-class restaurants and a vibrant nightlife scene. Temperatures in November average 62F (17C).
JW Marriott On-line Reservations here or call the hotel directly: +1 213.765.8600
Other Meeting Information
Sponsoring MEF Meetings: Interested in Sponsoring a meeting? Members Meeting Sponsorships
Non-Member Companies: Member Meetings are exclusively for MEF Members. MEF welcomes potential member companies who wish to audit. Contact Lori Vachon, firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
Times are approximate, check detailed agendas, when available, for exact times.
Mon, 29 Oct -
We encourage you to attend MEF18 prior to the Quarterly Meeting
|Wed, 31 Oct||Services Committee||LSO Committee||Applications Committee||MEF 3.0 Implementations||Certification Committee|
|1:30-5:00||Editing Sessions||Editing Sessions||Editing Sessions|
|Thu, 1 Nov||Services Committee||LSO Committee||Applications Committee||MEF 3.0 Implementations||Certification Committee|
|8:00-12:30||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working meeting||Working Meeting|
|1:30-5:00||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting|
|Fri, 2 Nov||Services Committee||LSO Committee||Applications Committee||MEF 3.0 Implementations||Marketing and Education Committee|
|8:30-12:30||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting|
|1:30 - 3:00||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting||Working Meeting|
All Committees Closing Plenary